Tuesday 1 December 2009

Christmas Songs - Day 1

Well, it is the first of December, which means you get to open the first door on your advent calendar.
On my old blogs I used to run a musical advent calendar, where for each day of December up until Christmas Day I'd post a wee Christmas song. This year I don't think I'll be doing that, but I will be posting a few.
If I can find 24 good seasonal songs by Scottish artists, then I'll go for the full on Advent calendar, but I've only got about 10 so far. Suggestions are welcome!

To kick off proceedings I've picked out one of my favourite Christmas songs, reworked by a fabulous Scottish band. Miss the Occupier recorded Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses for a Vic Galloway session last year. It is, of course, wonderful.

Miss The Occupier - Christmas Wrapping

Miss The Occupier MySpace


1 comment:

  1. It has to be said that Christmas Wrapping is not one of my favourite Christmas songs. I've always thought the vocalist (narrator?) just sounded whiny! And the "You forgot cranberry too?" line at the end always makes me scream. :-) However, the MtO version here is fun and a bit edgier than the original.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete