Sunday 21 November 2010

This Week's Gigs: 22nd - 28th November

Before I get on to the gigs for the week, a couple of reminders.
Firstly as I mentioned yesterday I'm looking for Christmas songs to run throughout December, look here for more details.
Secondly, because hardly anyone does it, a wee reminder that if you have a gig coming up that you want included here the best way to let me know about it is to send the details to gigs@ayetunes.org.uk, which will hopefully save me getting messages saying "oh, you missed my gig" in the hours after posting the gig guide. I didn't miss it, you never told me it was on.

Now, on to this week, which I was planning on spending indoors to save some money. We'll see how well that works out. The gig guide is surprisingly Edinburgh biased this week, so this might be my last chance to save up some Christmas money.

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
Launch gig for Steve Heron's album "Honest One", with some pretty darn fine supports. If like me you can't get along the album is also available on Bandcamp.
Hannah Peel, Blue Roses, Esperi. The Captain's Rest. (Tickets)
Blue Sky Archives. Bloc, free entry.
There's possibly other bands playing too, but I'll be buggered if I can find any details.

Thursday:
Ethan Ash, Yusuf Azak, Amber Wilson. Cellar 35, Aberdeen.
Ethan & Yusuf set off on a rather rearranged co-headline tour to promote their new releases, Ethan Ash's No Early Nights EP and Yusuf Azak's debut album Turn On the Long Wire.

Friday:
Ethan Ash, Yusuf Azak, Johnnie Common. The Winchester Club, Glasgow
United Fruit, Pensioner, Verse Metrics. Sneaky Pete's, Edinburgh.
Our pals at PinUp's celebrate 7 years of good music and fun with a birthday party. They've even roped in The National to DJ after their sold out gig at The O2 Academy. Could be an awkward moment there, as For Abel were formerly known as Nacional, until they were asked to change by none other than the management of The National...

Saturday:
Ethan Ash, Yusuf Azak, The Japanese War Effort. St. Stephen's Centre, Edinburgh
Sneaky Fest: Cabaret Voltaire, Sneaky Pete's, Electric Circus, Edinburgh.
We've been quite spoiled with these multi venue type things in Glasgow recently, now Edinburgh gets a shot. Over 30 bands playing across three venues all day long, all for £10. Not much to complain about there. The full line up and stage times can be found here and you can buy tickets here.

Sunday:
Lori McTear Single Launch. The Winchester Club.



2 comments:

  1. Bless you for getting your venues right, and listing them at all. It was a total nightmare getting all that sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine it would be a bit of a nightmare!
    I had no idea Gambetta was closing either till I'd noticed you asking them about the gig on Facebook. I know a few folk with gigs booked there for January, I should really have a word with them to make sure they know too.

    ReplyDelete