Sunday 12 December 2010

Our Favourite Albums of 2010: #10 - 4

Five million drafts of lists later I'm forcing myself to publish this before I can change my mind again.
Favourite albums doesn't have the same ring to it as best I know, but makes me feel a bit more comfortable.
The Top Three will follow tomorrow. There's a reason why they are straggling which you'll find out then. In the meantime feel free to guess what they are based on what is missing.
Come back later in the week for a run down of some of my favourite singles and EPs, and another of my favourite songs.

#10: The Unwinding Hours - The Unwinding Hours (Review)

#9: Lamplighter - All Is Vanity (Review)


#8: Admiral Fallow - Boots Met My Face (Listen)


#7: Over The Wall - Treacherous

#6: The Phantom Band - The Wants

#5: Mammoeth - Nascent (Review)


#4: RM Hubbert - First & Last
(Review)


All fine, fine albums.
Bubbling Under:
As the five million drafts suggest the list could, and has, change at any given time, so in addition to the top ten here's a few that are well worth investigating too, but didn't quite make the cut. I could have extended the list to twenty, but I don't know the difference between my 13th favourite and my 20th favourite, so in no particular order, with handy links to listen to most of them...
Woodenbox With A Fistful of Fivers - Home and the Wild Hunt

These two came just a little too late in the year. Both excellent albums that if I'd had a chance to spend a little more time with would certainly have fought their way into the top ten.



No comments:

Post a Comment