Sunday 9 October 2011

Numbers and Letters - Scottish Tour


Every now and then someone from outside Scotland gets in touch with me about bands. Half the time the info is useless, what am I meant to do with a list of tour dates around southern California? Other times I end up being introduced to a record I like, and more rarely I get an intro to a band that I quickly like and some useful information about them to share.

Numbers and Letters frontlady Katie Hasty ticked the last two boxes a few days ago when she emailed me to let me know that her band would be making their first trip to Scotland this week. A quick visit to Bandcamp to listen to them later I was hastily drawing up plans to see which of their gigs I could get to.
Numbers and Letters do the dark, folky Americana thing that I always tend to like, and Katie has a gorgeous voice too. Sold.

Numbers and Letters will be playing with Seattle musician James Apollo, and Kitty The Lion/Admiral Fallow's Joe Rattay at the following places around Scotland in the coming week:

Oct. 11: House show, Stirling
Oct. 12: Cafe Continental, Gourock
Oct. 13: *Surprise Show*, Glasgow (Once they tell me where, I'll tell you)
Oct. 14: Hootenanny, Inverness
Oct. 15: The Newmarket Bar, Thurso
Oct. 16: Brel, Glasgow

Go along, have a drink, clap and cheers and make Katie feel welcome. She might even give you a free CD in a hand made cover if you ask nicely. Facebook users can find gig details here.



Numbers and Letters: Website - Facebook - Bandcamp


No comments:

Post a Comment