Thursday 10 December 2009

Christmas Songs - Day 10

After a couple of hiccups over the past few days we are back on schedule.

Up until a few years back I'd never heard this song in my life. It's been around for way over 50 years, originally performed by Gayla Peevey. I was introduced to it by an American friend, so either I just didn't pay attention, or it's more popular there than here.

Paul Vickers is best known to me as one of Dawn of the Replicants. I was really into them about ten years ago, before losing track of them somewhat. They were a great band, impossible to categorise. We'll be hearing more from them in a couple of days actually.

Paul Vickers and The Leg are similarly difficult to describe, so I'll cop out by not even trying.

Paul Vickers and The Leg - I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas

Paul Vickers and The Leg MySpace - SL Records Page


No comments:

Post a Comment