Sunday 13 June 2010

This Week's Gigs 14th - 20th June

A pair of gigs, my Dad's birthday and the start of the World Cup managed to kill my productivity last week, so sorry for the lack of posts. Must try harder. There's a fair amount on this week too, but I'll be forcing myself to skip almost everything, I'm short on money and need cash for Friday.

Monday:
Codes in the Clouds, Barn Owl, The Seventeenth Century and Katerwaul, The 13th Note, £5.
Particularly annoyed I'm missing this one. I really want to catch Barn Owl, and The Seventeenth Century are always great.

Tuesday:
Rick Redbeard and Sunset Song, West End Festival, Brel, £6.
The Phantom Band's frontman dusts off his solo project for a gig in the intimate surroundings of Brel. It likely won't be rowdy, but it should be pretty good.

Thursday:
The Ray Summers, Sonny Marvello, Stevie and the Moon, Captain's Rest, £5, tickets available here.
This is a gig for Maggie's Cancer Caring Centres, so if you needed another reason to go, there it is.

Friday:
Friday is my birthday, I'll be going for a pint. Anyone fancy a pint on Friday? I also have this lot to choose from for my evening entertainment. Anyone fancy taking me to a gig on Friday?
St Deluxe, King Tut's.
!!!, Dam Mantle, The Arches. Free gig, but with a booking fee, tickets from here.
Stop taking the piss, gig promoters.

Saturday:
Glasgow Podcart Presents: Pooch & Tokyo Knife Attack. Stereo, £5.
Another charity gig this one, with proceeds going to Beatson Oncology Centre. With Pooch and Tokyo Knife Attack playing live, and a host of DJs, one thing is for sure: There Will Be Dancing.

Sunday:
Unity Benefit Gig: Second Hand Marching Band, Maple Leaves, Withered Hand. Stereo, £5.
Another charity gig, and another one that is very easy to support on the basis of having a cracking line up.



No comments:

Post a Comment