Monday 28 November 2011

Aye Tunes Readers' Poll 2011

We've come to that time of the year where a bunch of people obsess over lists of our favourite things of the year, while other people mock us for our obsessing over said lists.

Last year in addition to putting together my own "Best of" lists I decided to ask the people that read my blethering what they think too. That would be you, dear reader. It went pretty well, so I'm doing it again, and so we have the 2nd annual Aye Tunes Readers' Poll.

Everything is pretty much as it was last year, though I've ditched the Best Gig question, as so few people voted for the same gigs it became a wee bit pointless.

Quickie rules & regulations type things:
  • Answer or skip whatever questions you want, but if a bunch of people answer one question with the same answer it'll be pretty obvious ballot stuffing.
  • No ballot stuffing! If it isn't obvious I probably won't notice it though.
  • You can choose up to three answers for each question, try and put them in order, 1 being best, 2 second best, blah blah blah.
  • You can vote for bands, albums etc from anywhere, they don't have to be Scottish.
  • Polls close on December 26th, after that I'll count up the results and post them around new year.
  • This is meant to be a wee bit of fun, so don't moan about the results when posted!
  • I won't keep your name/email address or any other info once the poll is done, unless you tell me to.
My attempt at putting together a fancy voting form failed miserably, so I'm afraid you'll have to do a wee bit of work. Copy/paste the stuff below and stick it in an email to poll@ayetunes.org.uk and I'll do the rest.

Aye Tunes Readers' Poll 2011



Best Album:
1.
2.
3.

Best Single/EP: (Basically anything that isn't an album)
1.
2.
3.


Best Band:
1.
2.
3.

Best Solo Artist:
1.
2.
3.

Best New Band/Solo Artist: (New is very subjective, if you first heard of them this year, that'll do)
1.
2.
3.

Best Live Band:
1.
2.
3.

Best Music Blog/Website: (Aye Tunes isn't eligible for this. Partly to avoid accusations, partly to stop me seeing how few would have said it anyway)
1.
2.
3.

Best Music Radio Show/Podcast:
1.
2.
3.

Best Venue:
1.
2.
3.

I keep wanting to put a Smash Hits style sexiest male & sexiest female question in, but I suspect doing so would get me battered. If you want to write in a vote for that though I won't stop you...

Your Name:
Where You Are From:

That'll do I think. Feel free to tell your pals about the poll!



No comments:

Post a Comment