Wednesday 7 December 2011

Advent Calendar - Day Seven: Now Wakes The Sea & Lovers Turn To Monsters


Repeats again today, but good ones, and ones which aren't currently available elsewhere right now. Plus, I'm doing you a two for one deal, so just be glad of the stuff eh?

Today's songs come from two different folk, for the simple reason that they are sharing the bill at a rather tasty looking bill in Glasgow on Wednesday. Lovers Turn To Monsters and Now Wakes the Sea will be playing at The 13th Note, along with theapplesofenergy and some bloke called Adam Stafford. Yeah, I've never heard of him either. It'll be good and it's cheap, so get along if you can.

When I posted the Now Wakes the Sea song last year it turned in to a mini essay about Christmas (Baby Please Come Home). I'll spare you it again, at least until the song makes another appearance, which I wouldn't rule out. There's an album coming from Now Wakes the Sea pretty soon, which I'll get back to once I've stopped obsessing over Christmas songs and end of year lists. Oh God so many lists.

Now Wakes the Sea - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
Now Wakes the Sea - Silent Night

Lovers Turn To Monsters has new Christmas EP in the works, so we'll be checking back in on Kyle soon when that is finished. In the meantime here's a song taken from the EP he put out last year, a cover I requested when he asked for ideas. Fun trivia: if you are my pal on Facebook or follow me on Twitter the wee picture on my account was drawn by Kyle. He's a sickeningly talented chap.

Lovers Turn To Monsters - Stay Another Day

Now Wakes The Sea - Website - Soundcloud - Facebook
Lovers Turn To Monsters: Facebook - Bandcamp


No comments:

Post a Comment