Monday 25 October 2010

Keeping It Peel - The Nectarine No.9

This will be the final Keeping It Peel post of the evening from me, but keep you eyes on the other bloggers who will be carrying on way into the night.
I'm left with umpteen sessions that I haven't found time to post, so if you want this to turn into a semi-regular thing do let me know. It'll be more like once a week, rather than once an hour though. However, up yours to those people that say I have no work ethic for the blog :)

To round things off I've picked The Nectarine No.9, simply because they are a band that I can't see myself finding a way to shoehorn into any other post, but one I really like. Formed in 1991 by Davey Henderson, a man of many bands, notably Fire Engines and personal favourites Win. Davey is still going strong with the Sexual Objects. The Nectarine No.9 are another of the groups that seemed to be ever present when I was getting into independent and local music. They have a stack of albums under their belt, and a clutch of Peel Sessions too.

The Nectarine No.9 - Maida Vale Peel Session 04.03.2001

That'll do pig. That'll do.
For more information on Keeping It Peel visit the website set up here.



No comments:

Post a Comment