Tuesday 25 October 2011

Keeping It Peel - ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead #keepingitpeel


We had a couple of Scots in a row there, so time to check in on some friends from across the pond again.
I've sort of lost track of ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead as time has gone on. I'll always pick up a new album they release, but often they get listened to a couple of times and forgotten about a bit. I do regularly go back to their first few though.
I have a weirdly vivid memory of buying the debut album, on vinyl, in the record shop that used to be downstairs in Flip in Glasgow, many years ago. I'd only heard Richter Scale Madness, and vaguely knew the name, but that song and that album cover were enough to inspire an impulse purchase. Not one I've regretted.

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead - John Peel Session 05.02.2002
1. Invocation
2. Another Morning Stoner
3. Baudelaire
4. Richter Scale Madness
5. Homage


No comments:

Post a Comment