Tuesday 25 October 2011

Keeping It Peel - Prolapse #keepingitpeel


Out of the two Peel Sessions recorded by Prolapse, and the two live broadcasts they did, do I have a full one to post? No.
Will this stop me rambling about Prolapse for a bit? No.

Prolapse came from Leicester, but had a member named "Scottish" Mick. Unlike Tiny Tim, or anyone who as ever called themselves "mad", this wasn't an ironic nickname. The second "Scottish" Mick Derrick opens his mouth it is obvious the name isn't a joke.

They are also a band I hadn't listened to in years until fairly recently, mainly due to having lost all the albums of theirs that I had. Some spare eMusic credits that had to be used up led to me buying debut album Pointless Walks To Dismal Places again to see if I still liked it. I did, a shopping spree followed, and I've been a wee bit obsessed with the band over the past few weeks as a result. A mixture of shoegaze, punk and Krautrock, there's a fair chance you'll find Prolapse either brilliant or almost unlistenable. I'm in the former camp, obviously.

Prolapse made the 1997 Festive Fifty with two songs, Autocade and Slash/Oblique. None of the Prolapse Peel Sessions are available, and I don't have copies of them, except for the Peel version of When Space Invaders Were Big, which was released as a single.

Prolapse - Peel Session 17.07.1994
When Space Invaders Were Big


No comments:

Post a Comment